Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The word YES

I realized yesterday how this is one word that Michael NEVER uses. My friend's son who is 18 months old used it yesterday after his mother asked him a question. When I first heard it, I couldn't quite put my finger on what sounded so odd. But then it dawned on me it was the response YES. Michael NEVER uses this word even when you ask him something he likes. I think I've heard him say yes once EVER. You can ask him if he wants a cookie and you'll either get "NO WAY MAMA!" and then him being pissed you put it away because he really wanted it, squeals of excitement, or you'll get him repeating the words you just said (want cookie!). How I long for a normal response to a question. I swear it takes 10x the energy to get this child to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment