Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mama feels happy!

They say children with autism don't have the capability to understand facial expressions and emotion the same way. But I'm pretty sure Michael has some understanding of this which makes me very happy. :) When he hears Rory crying he always says "What's wrong Rory?" It may be just a reaction for him to say that because we always say it, but at least he's aware of change in emotion. What I also do is if he does something mean, I will start to pretend cry and he goes "Oh no mama feels sad" then he will come hug or kiss me and look to make sure I start smiling again. Then he'll say "Mama feels better now! Mama feels happy!" Then as long as I smile, he will happily run away.

It's the little things like this that make me really hopeful for his future. ♥

1 comment:

  1. Michael is a sweetheart. It's all due to your great parenting. He will be a great functioning adult with a great life!

    ReplyDelete