Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hearing Test

Today we had to go in for a hearing test. This was part of the preschool screening that they weren't able to complete the other day. He had to go in a sound booth and do the test in there. He did this about 9 months ago through the place he gets speech therapy currently, and it was serious drama. I was fearing what would happen! But he completely enjoyed the test and sat in his chair all by himself like a big boy! When he'd correctly identify what side the sound was coming from, they'd make this bear in a box light up and dance. Every time that happened it would freak him out and he'd start shaking his head "no" (what I actually believe to be a stim because he does it whenever he is nervous - view the 'love you mama' video and you can see it in there). After a second of freaking out, he would let out an excited squeal! The ladies doing the test thought he was a riot! Well not surprisingly, he passed the test with normal levels as I suspected he would. In fact, he heard some sounds even I didn't hear! Maybe it's time I get my own hearing checked!

No comments:

Post a Comment