Saturday, June 4, 2011

Staring the differences in the face

I love when Michael gets to be around kids his age but at the same time I hate it. I hate it for me. I hate the way it makes me feel when I see his peers doing all the normal stuff they are supposed to. I hate feeling jealous that their kid can do what mine cannot. We were around a little boy only 10 days younger than Michael today and he was able to play with kids, interact, ask questions, ALL the normal stuff you'd expect a 3 year old to do. It hurts my heart to turn around and see my child and know they are having these struggles. It makes me angry that I have to have these feelings of frustration and jealousy. How it would be to have a normal conversation with my son without him refusing or yelling NO WAY or growling/grunting at me. I want to just have a conversation!! I want to be able to play with my son, not next to him.

3 comments:

  1. (((hugs)))
    I can only imagine what that must be like. But you need to know, in case no one else has told you...Michael is SO lucky that YOU are his mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO AGREE WITH ASHLEIGH!!
    Lindsay I want to hug you right now!! I love you so dang much your post made me cry. I wish so freaking bad I lived by you now more then ever!! I want to help in anyway!! Micheal is amazing...just remember that you literally have a genious boy on your hands. Try to think of all the amazing things he is already doing that most 3 yr olds aren't even CLOSE to knowing or doing. With therapy you will have a conversation with him I promise you!! I love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay- I am your sister windy's neighbor and my son Boston is on the autism spectrum. Oh how I can relate to these feelings. I would love to talk to you. We have so much in common. I even have scoliosis like I was told have! Please call me if u want to chat. Other moms have been my greatest strength through all of this. 801 599 6993 carly youngr

    ReplyDelete