Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Frustrated Incorporated



You love the title, you know you do. Anyway, I thought this video did really well at showing how he gets upset while playing. If things aren't "just so" he will get upset. When I ask him if I can help, he gets even more upset. I didn't intervene and help in any way because if I did, that would have set him off to a complete meltdown.

He has been asking (more like dragging me) lately into the toy room to "play tracks and trains" which essentially means I watch him play. I can't touch the toys at all or he gets upset. I am happy he at least wants me to interact in some ways by watching him, but it really limits his social interaction by the ritualistic ways he plays. He can't play with other kids because if they do anything that is outside the plan he has set in his head, he gets very upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment