Sunday, June 19, 2011

Is it July 11th Yet?

I don't think time can go any slower for me the next few weeks! I just want to get in to the doc and get a formal diagnosis. It will be such a relief to tell people that my son acts a certain way because he has this condition. Not because I think he has this condition. Of course I don't only want a dx so I can explain his actions to people, but it will also open up so many doors for him therapy wise. It will be super relieving to not have to hide what I'm thinking anymore though.

Not everyone knows we are getting him evaluated and really I don't even think James really understands what the doc appt is for. I've been slipping in more info about autism in our daily conversation so he gets used to the idea. But still he knows little to nothing about PDD's in general. I had originally told him we are having an evaluation for autism but I honestly think he shoved it to the back of his mind and forgot.

Once I get a diagnosis, I can stop obsessing about every action he does. It is getting tiring but I can't help it with my anxiety issues.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have a 2 yo recently diagnosed. I was the same way about just wanting that diagnosis so we could make sure we got all the necessary therapy we could. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete