Thursday, June 2, 2011

OT evaluation today

Michael had an evaluation with the OT today. It was filled with a bunch of "no way"s and grunting but overall it went pretty well. He did perform some of the tasks that she was trying to get him to do. They also had me fill out a sensory profile for him and she asked a bunch of questions. I don't have the full report yet since they will mail that to me but she did say they are putting me on their wait list to start OT. However, it is a 6-8 month wait so they gave me some other OT places in the area that are good as well. So now we start on figuring that all out!

I asked her about the appt with the pedi in July and what they will be looking for. She said based on what she has seen with Michael's behaviors she isn't sure he will necessarily be diagnosed with a firm diagnosis of autism. She said that he appears to fit more into the category of PDD-NOS. Which is basically "you have autism but don't meet all the strict criteria". She was basing that on the fact that he DOES make eye contact sometimes. However, his eye contact is limited. I guess we will wait and see what the pedi thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment