Thursday, July 14, 2011

Routines

These are by far the most frustrating part of my days. Michael has set routines for things and if something is "off" from how he expected it, that's when the problems start. It can be as simple as me not standing where I'm supposed to stand while getting him a cup of milk. When I drop him off at my mother in law's in the morning, he has a routine that he does from getting out of the car, all the way until he gets in the door and sits on the couch. The problem is, he is adding new things to the routine. Before we would get out of the car and he'd run to the door and wait, then go inside and slowly sneak around the corner to the couch. Now he has to help me shut the car door, run to the door, then we have to ring the doorbell like 10x before he will go in the house. I'm just wondering when I should be allowing this or when I should force him to deal without. It does make MY life easier when I give in but I don't know if that is really the best thing for HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment