Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dinner...oh my

So tonight was just a blast. When  I told Michael it was time to eat he initially refused which is normal. But after a few mins he decided it was ok to go eat. When he got to the table he was mad the plate he used for lunch was gone. He got distracted from that by this dinosaur sippy that was on the table. He had this small US flag that he had shoved in the tail before but I had taken it out earlier. He was mad about this and trying to put it back in. The dino fell a couple of times and he got so upset he started throwing the cup. So I took it away and he went into a huge meltdown.

He was screaming while James was trying to watch a movie. This was annoying him so he came in the room and started yelling at him. Of course this made him scream harder. Then James slapped his hands and flicked him in the back! I started yelling at him because that was inappropriate and completely unnecessary.

Finally after forever Michael said "I'm sorry mama" and started crying and hugged me. He was calming down and started spinning the knobs on our china hutch. James then saw and got ticked and stuck him in time out. So the screaming started back up. While he was sitting in the time out chair, James was getting into a power struggle with him. I broke in and did a diaper change to hopefully reset him. It was working until I went to sit down and eat again. Michael got mad I was not standing and started to flip out. I thought maybe if I gave him yogurt he would calm down. I got it out and he was saying "No how about plate?" I finally figured out he wanted the stupid plate he had used for lunch. I took it out of the sink and washed it off. He then asked me to put the yogurt on it and he happily ate dinner.

All this was over the course of more than an hour! I'm going to die early from this stress I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment