Thursday, October 20, 2011

Golden Nugget

Last night was the 3rd and final Autism class at the hospital. I will write in detail about that later, but I wanted to start something that one of the mothers there suggested. Every day they write down a "golden nugget" that their child did. I think this should be applied to all areas in life, but sometimes especially when it comes to a special needs kiddo. You can get overwhelmed with the negative and it is nice to focus on something positive. So I'll start today.

Last night my when I went to pick up Michael after the class, he was playing with his tablet. He was playing a game where you pop balloons on the screen. He came up to me and said "Try pop balloon mama!" Inside I was like "WHAT?! You just shared an idea with me of something you found interesting and wanted me to experience it too!" I mean, WOW!! Serious golden nugget right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment