Friday, October 7, 2011

Autism Class

On Wednesday night James and I went to a class at the children's hospital about Autism. It was a 3 hour class that was part 1 of 3. The next two Wednesdays we will be going back for 3 hour classes as well.

I think I must love to do research or something, because I could have taught the class! Seriously everything they went over in the class I knew already plus some. But I'm still glad I went and I'm looking forward to the next two sessions. This week they had a general overview from some guy (not sure who as we were late and missed intros) and a neuropsychologist. Next week they will have a ST and OT person there. I'm interested to hear what they have to say.

The most valuable part of going so far for me was the folder of resources they gave us. One of them being a huge handbook of all the autism resources in WA state.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsay,
    It's your cousin, annie tueller payne here. I just want to write you to tell you how much I love your blog! I love it! I admire your courage. My Theo is 6 and has been diagnosed with aspergers, ADHD and learning disabled. Some days I just sit and cry I get so discouraged and other days are better. I love reading your blog cause ... well just cause. and I want to add one more little word to the slogan "different, not less; more!

    ReplyDelete