Sunday, August 7, 2011

Autism Research Institute Results

So I sent off the evaluation form from the link that is on my Autism Resources tab on my blog here. They were pretty quick to get back to me. I actually got a response back about a week from when I sent it.

He came back with a total score of +6. The way it ranges is from -45 (lowest) to +45 (highest). They broke it down to:

-Classical early infantile autism (Kanner's Syndrome): Children who score +20 or higher on the form are typically diagnosed as having classical autism.

- Autistic: The average score for a child falling to this category is -2. This score corresponds to a child diagnosed as having ASD by many professionals. Children who score -15 to +19 are typically regarded as "autistic" and the majority of children diagnosed as autistic fall w/in this category. This is where Michael's score fell.

- Autistic-like: Children who score -16 or lower are generally not regarded as truly autistic; but instead, they are often described as "autistic-like," "has many characteristics," etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment