Monday, September 12, 2011

Every Morning...

I feel like every morning when I drop Michael off, I'm just waiting for something to set him off. Usually it has something to do with the routine not working out the way he has planned. It can be something so small as he tries to shut the car door and it doesn't go all the way so I help him, or more commonly him needing to ring the doorbell 1 million times before we go inside. Today was no exception to this. He rang the doorbell about 20x and then when I tried to open the door, he didn't want to go in. But since I had opened the door already, it was over. He then kept asking to go back to the car. I didn't have time for that so I went inside to set his stuff down and put Rory down. Well then Rory starting screaming mama and running after me. Michael was still standing outside so I picked him up and brought him inside. He was screaming and tears were coming down his face. I gave him a tight hug and he calmed down for a second until he saw I was going back outside to my car. At that point he freaked out again. He grabbed onto the doorjamb so in order for me to close the door, I had to pry him away. I stuck him on the couch and ran as fast as I could to the door and quickly locked the handle and slammed it shut. I could hear him screaming at the top of his lungs on the other side of the door, all the way to my car. This is so frustrating and breaks my heart at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment