Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Airport...part deux

Oh boy! So this experience was much different and way more stressful than the last! I was really hoping since he was such an angel when we had the last flight that he'd do the same on this one. Well he couldn't have been more opposite! We had the same setup initially with him in the stroller and Rory in the Ergo. He didn't really want to be in the stroller at first but then was okay after a minute. But when we got to security it all went downhill. All my fears of him freaking out happened. He didn't want to take his shoes off to start. Then when I had to take him out of the stroller he about flipped. He was very very upset to see the stroller and his backpack going into the xray. He was like "OH NO MY BACKPACK!!!! MAMA!!!!" Then walking through the security scanner was really fun. By this point he's screaming and crying. I walked through with Rory because they told me he couldn't go with me. He was then on the other side screaming "NO MAMA GO THAT WAY!!!" pointing back to the door. I tried to pull him through and the security man got irritated at me. Then he called on his little walkie talkie "Can we get a male assist or SOMETHING here? This kid won't go through the scanner!" Then he gave me this super annoyed look. Finally someone from security came over and they had gotten the stroller off the xray machine and had me set Rory in it. I went back through and picked him up and carried him, screaming his head off, through the machine.

I left Rory in the stroller for a minute and put his shoes on and tried to have him walk with me. He was still very upset. I figured if we could get something to distract him that would help. I found a Burger King and thought perfect, I'll get some chicken fries! He loves those things. So I get there and he's like "MAMA I NEED DRINK!!" So I grab some OJ and go to the counter to order chicken fries. The guy looks at me like I'm crazy when I ask if they have them. That must not be something they have in Utah. So I ask if they have like a 4 piece nugget. He says yes. So I say I want a 4 piece and he asks me fries or apples? I say oh I don't want a meal just the nuggets. But then he tells me they don't have them separate only with meals. So I say fine fries then. Then he gives me a bag. After I get the OJ into the kids cups, mind you Michael is screaming his head off this entire time, I look into the bag to find that the guy ONLY gave me fries! The whole point was I wanted some chicken nuggets! I growled at the guy and he finally gave me them for free.

I then tried to strap Michael in the stroller because he was not walking. As I took Rory out and put Michael in, Rory ran off and almost went behind the counter of one of the food kiosks. I caught her and ran back to Michael and he FINALLY calmed down. The rest of the plane ride he was pretty good but getting through security...phew! NOT ASD FRIENDLY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment