Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My oh my

I've surely let this blog go! Well, a lot has happened since I last posted. First of all, we moved to a new state! Michael did AMAZING with this. Prior to moving, a gutter had fallen off our house and Michael kept saying "We have a broken house. We need to get a new one." So I worked that to my advantage. James had to go to Utah 2 months before I ended up following, so I told Michael that daddy was getting us a new house. Michael took that as daddy is building a new house. He even got so excited for the moving truck that I had to make a calendar so he didn't think the truck was showing up every second. :) He loved the drive over in the moving truck with daddy and Kobun.


Getting school started here has been less than a stellar experience. First, both schools (his old and the new) were giving me wrong information on how to get his records transferred. I had to wait until the last second to get him registered because it was summertime and I guess they don't take into account that kids may move in the summer. Things got straightened out at the last second and he was able to start school on the first day with everyone else! I was really happy about that.


I'm STILL waiting to properly meet his teacher and care team. We had an IEP scheduled for the very last second before it was out of compliance and then Michael decided to start throwing up on the day we were supposed to have it. So I had to cancel and reschedule. I wanted to anyway, because the OT thought it would be appropriate to do his IEP goals by phone, even though I've never met her at all. So now his IEP is now officially out of compliance. It's scheduled for tomorrow so I guess we shall see how that goes.

Behaviorally I don't know if he's been more challenging or if I'm just getting worn out due to being home with him all day (after school and on Fridays). His routines and rituals are really getting out of hand some days. All I can really say is that I'm beyond exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment