Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spontaneous something or other!

Last night I was sitting on the couch when Michael out of nowhere blurted out "We did puzzles!" I knew from the email from his teacher they did a big train puzzle today at school. I asked him who he did the puzzle with and he started to name off some of his classmates. I asked him who was his friend in his class and he named off all his classmates, teacher, and her assistant!

Then today at speech therapy, I told the ST how he did that so she was really trying to engage him in conversation. He was doing so amazingly well. He told her what he got for Christmas, his classmates names, and when she asked if we still had our Christmas tree, he responded "Yeah! It's on the grass!" (lol it IS on the grass still since James tossed it there). Then when we got to the car, he immediately started telling me (super excitedly) that we just did 2 puzzles in ST, "We did the house puzzle and animal puzzle! I did them all!" I asked him which was his favorite and he responded with "The house puzzle!" He has never spontaneously talked about something that happened like that before. He's been getting really excited to tell me about his day while he is being rocked before bed. Now I guess he realized he can tell me these things ANY time, not just right before I lay him down. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment